Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Homeless Dream

Stevie Wonder - Living for the City



I dreamed that I was a homeless person living on the street of what looked like a big U.S. city. The street was wide, and very clean. I had a job, so I wasn't hungry, but I didn't have enough money to pay for a place to live, so I had my clothes in two cardboard boxes, and a couple of blankets, and a towel and a hairdryer. Near the corner where I was living there was a lamppost that had showerhead attached to it, and I would shower there.

One morning I was watching a group of people, about eight people trying to get into a taxi. They were going to a costume party and one of the men had a starfish costume made of foam, all covered in green sequins, and he didn't fit in the taxi. The others were trying to push him in so they could get going.



As I was waiting for them to leave so that I could have my shower, I heard something overhead in the distance. I looked up and saw the U.S. Air Force acrobatic team flying in formation. They flew over, did a few figures in the sky, and everyone cheered. They were really good. The planes came back and hovered overhead, and suddenly their bellies opened and out of each plane came skydivers on bungee cords. They swooped down, almost reaching the ground and waved at everyone. Then they went back up into the planes, and the planes flew away.

A while later some trucks came by, and people wearing the same uniforms as the bungee skydivers got out. They gave me a sleeping bag and a thermal foam pad to put under it, which was nice because I didn't have one. They also suggested that I move my stuff off the street, up a few steps onto the wide entranceway of a nearby building, which was nice because it was a bit more protected and private.

Annie Lennox - Don't Let It Bring You Down


On an urban there: Have you seen the cool Bogotá t-shirts? They are made by the independent group Vibramas, and are available at Panamericana bookstores.
Check them out at http://www.vibramas.com/


Transmilenio

No comments: